I remember a German term “schadenfreude” which means to find humor or pleasure in someone else’s pain. Such as seeing the guy speeding past you on the freeway pulled over a few miles later.
I was thinking about some other things that should have words to explain them as we all know the feeling. Maybe someone can pipe in with an urban dictionary link.
- How it feels to know taking time off work would result in more work when you return.
- You’re sure that there should have been more than one flush but one flush did the job.
- Watching something fail exactly as you predicted to others even though you will be the one to fix it.
- Being really good at something you hate.
- Being a parent and when kids are asleep or elsewhere and not knowing whether you should sleep or spend time alone in silence.